This literature provides a concise overview of the applications of KNX technology.
KNX is a worldwide standard for home and building control, offering new products in the market of visualization and smart metering. The increasing number of products by different KNX manufacturers in this market segment provides a good variety of installation options. In addition, it is intended to demonstrate the option of installing active tariff management.
The use of metering for electricity, heat consumption, fill level monitoring and water meters with electronic data recording and storage facility ensures the safety of the system in case of power failure. Complete visualization of the data with integrated consumption display and diagrams is available and easy to configure. This solution makes it possible to record and monitor the consumption of each KNX unit connected to the system.
By connecting the sensing devices to the KNX bus system and linking this with the IP domain it is possible to display and process the respective data on the touch panel. The software by PromoveoTechnology is used to record and evaluate the data so that users can rea- dily see the consumption of the various media, i.e. electricity, water, gas, solar and heating in the past and the consumption can be extrapolated for the following week. To benefit from different electricity tariffs, it is possible to use power-intensive equipment during the cheaper periods. In this way users of this technology can react to tariffs as they change and use them to their advantage.
- Display of electricity tariff (cheap, expensive)
- Heat consumption meter with KNX interface
- Electricity meter (different types of energy meters with flexible IR-interface)
- Water meter with KNX interface
- Control of filling levels for tanks (oil, water, liquids)
- Evaluation of consumption data and display in diagrams
- Display of consumption levels - high, average, low - represented by red, yellow,green
- Display of electricity tariff with the option of manually connecting or disconnecting electrical equipment
The system represents a world- widestandardandcanbeused to display the consumption of different types of energy in buildings. The customers can check their consumption data by pressing a button. The energy management software can be used to connect or disconnect power-hungry equipment (washing machine, dishwasher etc.) to benefit from cheaper tariff periods. KNX helps to use energy more economically while enhancing comfort and security.